Thank you to all of you that listen to Take Another 5, to my listeners who have sent feedback and for those who subscribe to both Bonuses and the Monthly Care Package .
All the way from Toronto, Canada, Donna wears many hats like author, blogger, audio mystery writer, entrepreneur, advocate
And law student.
Are you tired of not having enough time to make your family’s favorite dinner or have just plain run out of ideas on what to cook in the first place? Do you need a time saving app to help with shopping or daily chores but just don’t have enough time to browse and download apps from the app store? Do you dream of being your own boss and don’t know how to make that dream of yours a reality? And how about those ridiculous scams and relentless text and email messages, would you like to know what to do about them as well? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions then Donna’s Take Another 5 is the podcast for you.
Each week she’ll bring you a new episode full of ideas and strategies on how to alleviate your stress and insomnia due to the fact that you just don’t have enough time in the day to Take Another5!
Brain Teaser: What’s your favorite mystery, drama, thriller, crime or intrigue? Give it a thought and let Donna know in the comments section.
For the busy mom, housewife or professional who needs a little inspiration in the kitchen.
Recipes come from Mama Peach
This week’s recipe comes from the category of Stews & Chowders.
Chinese Chicken Stew
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounce) fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 loaves of garlic minced
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 large green onions cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed
- 3 cups of hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro(optional)
- toss chicken with 5 spice powder and red pepper flakes in a small bowl
- heat peanut or vegetable oil in a large skillet
- add chicken and onion
- cook and stir for 5 minutes or until chicken is brown
- add mushrooms and garlic
- cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink
- stir 1/4 cup of your broth and corn starch into a small bowl until it is smooth, set this to the side
- place your chicken mixture, remaining broth, bell pepper, and soy sauce into your crock pot
- cover your crock pot and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours or until your peppers are tender
- whisk corn starch mixture, green onion, and sesame oil into the crock pot
- cover crock pot and cook on low for 30 to 45 minutes or until thickened
- ladle into soup bowl
- add 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- top with chopped cilantro
- this makes 6 servings
*Bonus Recipe- Celery and Leek Bisque
Subscribe to the bonuses for free to receive this recipe.
Accessible apps that can help you cut corners, enhance your daily productivity or just help you have a little fun!
Talking Playing Cards. For those who want or need accessible playing cards. Great for the blind, vision impaired or the elderly.
Visit the Blind Mice Mega Mall to get these accessible cards and hundreds of other accessible items.
Time Savers & Problem Poppers:
Strategies, solutions and tips to help lessen your stress with daily tasks.
Trouble sleeping? There are Ten Foods that can help you get better sleep with items such as: cherries, walnuts and of course a good old glass of warm milk.
Inside The End Zone With The Entrepreneur:
Discover and realize your dreams so that you can become your own boss.
Starting A Small Appliance Business:
First learn or have the knowledge about repairing small appliances.
Who is in need of your services.
Set up your business in your home or an off site location.
Advertise and market your business.
Scams, Bullies & Bullying:
Stay ahead of those pesky scams and learn to deal with bullies and bullying.
Note: There are 2 sections in this segment.
Scam Of The Week:
Warning! Warning! Beware of this week’s scam in which your “kid” is injured or in trouble with the law and to help all you need to do is send money! Don’t do it!
Teachers do not need to scream at their students. Screaming at students is a form of bullying and there is really no need for it to happen.
Do you want to receive a monthly care package from Take Another 5? Well you can. Just visit the website, fill out the form in the monthly subscription section and soon you’ll be receiving your monthly care package full of recipes, author highlights, time saving and travel tips and much more!
Make sure to visit www.takeanother5.com to receive the entire article about 10 foods that can help you sleep, receive a 10-minute free phone call from Donna about being your own entrepreneur and much more.